HOW TO HAVE YOUR DREAM LIFE BY STARTING AN ONLINE BUSINESS
Are you an employee or an aspiring entrepreneur who is tired of working from hands to mouth? Are you always looking for how to have your dream life come true by starting an online business possibly make extra money?
Do you feel as if nothing is working in your life and the world seems to be crashing on your head?
Are you living from hand to mouth and confused about what business to start and profit from?
Possible you are looking for a side hustle that will not take away the little time that you have to spend with your family but the more you read, the more confused you become?
If you are reading this now it is because you are interested in starting a business online.
I know that you are tired of depending on your monthly salary that expenses have overtaken.
The easiest thing to do now from the comfort of your room is to start a business online.
It is possible that you have been wanting what an online business is or even wondering if it is possible to have your dream life sponsored by an online business.
These are the kinds of questions and statements you are faced with everyday anytime someone hears you make a living on the internet.
What Is Online Business
Online business is any form of business activity that takes place on the internet through YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social media networks using devices such as the phone, tablet, laptop, and desktop.
For this process to become an online business there must be the exchange of value and gain is the end product.
Online business is like any other offline business where you buy and sell or provide service to people only that in this case, it is internet-based.
The advantage of a web business is that you can start it from the comfort of your home or anywhere. It is cost-saving that is to say you don’t spend as much money on starting your business as you do on brick and mortar business.
Also because of the automated nature of the online business, there is efficiency in the business process and service rendered.
The good thing about this is that you don’t need to be present for any transaction to take place. On the other hand, you have to know how to operate a computer because of technology and other technical stuff.
You also have to keep a tap on new innovations in order to be up to date. Another challenge of starting an online business is the issue of trust because of the fact that there is no face-to-face interaction so you have to build trust with a client.
WHAT IS YOUR REASON FOR STARTING A SIDE BUSINESS?
The same enthusiasm you used when you picked up a job is the same you should use when you join the entrepreneurial journey that is if you are holding a day job.
In fact, starting a side hustle will require you to put in more of your time, money, and energy.
Here Are Some Reasons Why You May Decide To Start A Side Hustle:
- To Pay Bills – Example of such bills includes water, energy, laundry, food, transport, health, clothes, data and so many other invoices that you pay.
- Vacation - Are you the type that likes going on vacation every year, twice a year, or every quarter but financial constraints have prevented you from enjoying such a holiday? Well, you can start a business and save towards such a purpose.
- Rent/Mortgage- To others the only basis why they begin a side hustle is to pay for the type of house they want or live in the area they want which I believe is a very important one.
- Car – Do you plan to buy a new or a specific car but financing it is a problem? A business can give you the leverage you need to do that.
- Passion/Service To Humanity – Are you the type that has the passion to help people and the only way to accomplish that is to have a gig that can bring in more money? Then don’t relent because your zeal will see you through.
- Retirement – For others, the reason why they need additional income is to boost their retirement portfolio.
Whatever your reasons are in starting a side business online the most important thing is that you have conquered the fear of not starting.
Other things will begin to fall inline gradually.
Things You Should Know About Internet Business.
1 . Online or Internet business is like any other offline business where you buy and sell or provide service to people only that in this case, it is on the internet.
2.The advantage of internet business is that it is cost-effective, that is to say, you don’t spend as much money on starting your business as you do for any brick and mortar business. It has a low capital start-up and so you can determine your level of progress.
3. Having a business on the internet has its own challenges and one of them is that you have to know how to operate a computer and mobile phone because this is the only way the online business operates. You also have to keep a tap on new technology trends and innovations in order to be up to date.
4. Trust is an issue online especially between the customer and business owner since there is no face-to-face interaction most times.
Of course, this means that you have to build trust with a client. It is not a day’s job but with quality products, good content, and timely provision of service, the trust will be gently built.
5. The beauty of an online business is that it is global and so you can or be in any part of Africa and conduct a business transaction with a person in the US.
6. Online business is online and there are no bulk inventories and whatever business you choose to start, will have room for growth and very profitable. Take the example of blogging, video on YouTube creation, APP creation, and other businesses.
7. Internet business does not need your physical presence before the transaction takes place that is why it is called online business.
8. The business is not static but mobile in nature which means you can be closing a deal with a client while on the move. You can take it along with you wherever you go, conduct transactions anywhere, in whatever fashion, and on any device you have.
In starting any business, you need to have a plan, to help you succeed.
An online business needs great commitments in starting since there won’t be physical interactions. It needs dedication, research, and monetary investment for it to grow.
You must sacrifice time and money to come up with an idea, develop it into a product or service to sell, and make a profit. Starting an online business does not require any special training like becoming an engineer or doctor but harnessing your God-given idea.
Once you identify a problem, you provide the solution which might be in the form of blog post content, content, e-commerce, an e-book, software, or any of the problem-solving products you find online.
You make want to ask how to know people’s problem. All you need to do is go to forums and groups on YouTube, Facebook, or Quora.com and you will discover the various questions people are seeking for answers.
Online businesses are categorized into different niches. Knowing where your passion and strength lies and how to start is very important before starting your journey into a profitable online business.
Just as you need a plan in any offline business, you need one to help you succeed in online business.
Checklist For A Successful Online Business
To operate an online business is to have the opportunity to communicate your information in a very quick and fast way and at the tip of your finger to the world.
The more visibility you get and people see your post or come to the website to check out your services or request for consultancy, the more money you make online. Consider these important life tools before you even think of starting or joining the online business community.
Passion and past Experiences
Do you as an individual have a passion for storytelling using the pen? Some people’s talent skill is the use of the mouth while others are the use of their strength. If you believe that writing and publishing is your passion then welcome on board. This is what will give you the niche you will want to go into as an online business owner.
Your passion, knowledge, talent, and past experiences are what you can develop into the following four main niches in the online business world.
Finance and Business
A niche is all about your interest; business, hobbies, and what you are good at for example are you passionate about football then consider starting a business in this field. Do you love cooking then consider a recipe site where you teach your recipe?
Are you a computer guru then don’t be left behind there are thousands of people looking for who to design a website for them. Are you a financial planner everybody needs tips on how to budget and save money or do you believe in having a peaceful and comfortable retirement like I do then share your experiences on the internet?
Do you have the time to sit and read other people’s blog posts and know what is trending in the world and on social media? If you love being online and working on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, or creating content, then you have no problem.
You have to know that blogging, owning an e-commerce site, video creation, graphic design, social media consulting creating e-book and coaching courses requires time and before you get the overnight success you have to put in the work.
Sitting in one place for 24hours is possible. So do you have time I mean real-time like working long hours at night when everywhere is quiet?
Means Of Operation.
To be online, you need a phone, a pad, laptop, or desktop. In addition, you need the internet to connect to the world and you need a fast one if not your data will keep finishing without you achieving much.
Social Media. To operate as a blogger or own a shop on the internet, you need social media for visibility and also to connect with other people. You must also love being online because you are going to be spending hundreds of hours online so you must have to adapt to this habit.
Have a sense of humor. Most times you are going to be working alone so you have to know how to encourage yourself and also make your fans trust you. Working online sometimes requires a serene environment to operate better. At such times, you will need to network with your audience to ease out stress. It is necessary to create a conducive atmosphere to help you put in your best and give value to your audience.
As a business owner online, your speed can only be determined by you. There is no hurry to become a pro. Move at your own pace to get the best out of your online business.
TOP 20 ONLINE BUSINESS WORDS THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Niche: You may want to ask what a niche is well, it is the interest you have in something. The reason you may have to join the online world. Your passion and what you are going to be posting about.
- Platform: This is the base of your online business. Are you going to use a free platform like Blogger or a paid one like Word Press for a website? Will your business be on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or the other various platforms?
- Domain name. This is what your site will be called. You can use your name or the niche you are into like my own site www.streamsofnaira.com. It is your address when people go online to look for information. You can get your domain from Go daddy, Name cheap, Word Press, and others.
- This is where your domain name will be hosted. That is people can search for your domain. Companies like Blue host, host gator, Whogohost, and Guraantor are popular hosting companies.
- Design Website. This is the act of creating a site. If you are a newbie you will need someone to help you design unless you want to spend hours learning from YouTube. My site www.treamsofnaira.com was designed by someone who has the flair for graphics.
- Content creation. This is the process of creating articles for your website or post to social media.
- This is where all the information you have is uploaded to a blog post. Some people write daily on their blog others 3 times a week while others once a week or a month.
- Landing page. This is where a person is taken to in order to take action. For example, if you want to buy something online you are taking to the page where you use your credit card to purchase or register your email and name.
9.This is when you get information from someone in a form of mail because it is electronic. When person signup he receives an email thanking him or her for signing up. Others give a free gift known in the social media world as Freebie in exchange for people’s email.
- Social Media. These are the various platforms on the internet that you can use to pass information to people and also network. We have Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Skype, Linked In, Google Plus, and YouTube.
- Auto Responder. This tool collects and sends the information you provide when you sign up your email at somebody’s website or blog.
- Search Engine Optimization. The act of making your blog visible to people using paid adverts or free. A site that is number one on any search engine is said to know how to conduct SEO.
- Messenger Bot. This is the latest language. This is used to send a direct message to someone’s phone once a person has your phone number. It is in a form of text a message.
- Payment Gate. These are the transaction companies that receive money from customers on your behalf.
- Traffic. This is the number of people that visit your website or the platform you use daily.
- Graphic Designs. When a site is being created you need the site to look good. The graphics and pictures are designed and snapped by someone. Canvas and other companies are good for graphics.
- Pictures and Videos. This can be your own personal ones snapped by you or you produced the videos. You have the right to them and can be used by you.
- These are the machine programs and other operating information used by the computer system.
- Editors and Proofreaders. These are those who help in the editing of your content. As a writer of books or content, you need a second eye to help you organize your work. A proofreader has a sharp eye for such details.
- Ebooks. These are books written in digital format. They are downloadable and can also be printed in hard copy
Online business languages are uncounted but basically, these are the ones that will come your way every day and as an entrepreneur, you need to know them.
Do you have an additional business language to add? Share with us.